Dr. Shaw's Blog
10 Little-Known Reasons Kids Love Dr. Shaw (and Her Staff!)
1. Dr. Shaw has watched Frozen. Ask her nicely and she might break into song.
2. It’s actually fun to lose a tooth at our office (really!) because Dr. Shaw never “pulls” or “extracts” teeth. She uses magic.
3. The bane of Dr. Shaw’s existence? Homework. Oh, how she loathes homework.
4. Dr. Shaw is much cooler than she lets on. She knows Maroon 5. She also knows Paul Simon, but none of the kids ever knows who that is!
5. No judgment here – we’re chocolate lovers too! Just please, please use your Gel-Kam fluoride afterward.
6. We never throw away a present from a patient. After more than 30 years in practice, Dr. Shaw has collected quite the stack of crayon drawings and handmade greeting cards!
7. Dr. Shaw has an enormous freezer stocked with organic, all-natural, artificial color-free, no preservative, high vitamin C bars made with real strawberries, cherries, and tangerines (also known as popsicles).
8. We didn’t let her buy the ones with Kale, Spinach, and Broccoli.
9. We help the Tooth Fairy dream up new ways to delight and amaze. Anyone can leave a dollar bill under a pillow. Rumor has it our Tooth Fairy leaves fairy dust as well.
10. You never know what you’ll discover on a trip to Dr. Shaw’s office. There’s even a flying Basset Hound!
Over the years, Dr. Shaw has had the pleasure of caring for thousands of children. Word of mouth is our #1 source of referrals, which is a great compliment! But don't just take our word for it - visit our Facebook page and click "Visitor Posts" in the left-hand column. There, you will find office photos and reviews from many of our happy patients and their families.
It's always bittersweet when a child we've cared for over the years graduates to an adult dentist. Last week, we said goodbye to our little Andy (who is not so little anymore) and his mom for what we thought would be the last time. Imagine our surprise when Andy's mom dropped by the next day, complete with a thank you card and a gorgeous fruit bouquet!